Start Offering Estradiol Lab Testing in Georgia
Increase Your Practice Revenue. (678) 778-4714
- An estradiol test is a blood test that measures the amount of estradiol in your blood. It may also be called E2 Test. Estradiol is a form of hormone estrogen. In women it is produced in the ovaries and adrenal glands, and the placenta during pregnancy. Estradiol helps in the growth of the female sex organs, including the uterus, fallopian tubes, vagina and breast.
- A doctor may order Estradiol Testing to look for the causes of:
- Abnormal Menstrual Periods- the test conducted will determine if your menstrual cycle has stopped and if you are experiencing symptoms of menopause.
- Abnormal Vaginal Bleeding: Estradiol test will determine how well your ovaries are working or if you might have symptoms of ovarian tumor, which can cause bloating, trouble eating and pain in the lower abdominal area.
- Infertility in Women: If you are pregnant or on fertility treatments your doctor will order this test to help monitor your progress.