Start Offering Thyroid (TSH & Free T4) Panel Lab Testing in Georgia
Increase Your Practice Revenue. (678) 778-4714
- Used to check whether the thyroid gland is working properly.
- An underactive thyroid gland (hypothyroidism) can cause symptoms such as weight gain, tiredness, dry skin, constipation, a feeling of being too cold, or frequent menstrual periods.
- An overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism) can cause symptoms such as weight loss, rapid heart rate, nervousness, diarrhea, a feeling of being too hot, or irregular menstrual periods.
- Free thyroxine (Free T4) affects tissue function in the body.
- TSH levels can help determine whether hypothyroidism is due to a damaged thyroid gland or some other cause (such as a problem with the pituitary gland or the hypothalamus).